Monday 28 April 2014

SAHMRI -South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute


Just check out the statement out fair little city is making! This new research building makes me feel excited for our state. Somebody finally allowed innovative and modern design to form a commanding presence on our miniscule sky line. A building of note and worth, that gets the artistic side of me hopeful for our future.
It really punches a WOW statement and makes the world look at us as a center for excellence in health research and captures the imagination.

The triangulated  grid "skin" apparently based on a pinecone..I would have gone for pineapple but who's being picky.  The facade adjusts to the environment to promote optimal working environment for its 700 or so researches to be housed in a total of 9 modules. There are two impressive atrium spaces and I'm sure many other design features that will win  Wood's Bagot awards at the architectural design awards.









This was just an appetiser to my day but you can get picture overload so Ill show the art gallery exhibition of Dark Heart tomorrow. I actually said to my friend Richmal it is one of the best exhibition that I have seen in a long time and it was Free! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I have never seen anything quite like it. My crystal ball says an architectural design award for certain!! Amazing photos, Monique!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments