Wednesday 30 April 2014

Miniature African American Jazz Group







A trip to Myponga today and  a visit to a chock full of goodies antique shop to find these little lovelies... and to make them even sweeter they were gifted to me by my friend.  They are so gorgeous my little African American jazz singers and saxophonist. Sadly the piano player is missing. All for a bargain price of $2. Too cute!
The quilt behind the players is a photograph of a chintz medallion quilt - unknown maker- c.1810 which is part of the collection held by the Embroiderers Guild New South Wales Inc. the central panel is Broderie Perse applique.

Also found op shopping : a stack of embroidered doilies and a Queens Green jug to add to my collection and a big bag of cottons for crochet - super cheap - super happy.

On the way out to Myponga we happen to see a herd of kangaroos lounging in a roadside paddock so I had to stop and grab a few pics. They were a little too far to grab a decent shot on my phone camera.






1 comment:

  1. Love your ornaments and that quilt....wow!! Goodness you find some bargains!! Your last photo is fascinating....I can so many li'l pictures within this photo.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments