Friday 25 April 2014

Hummingbird Stamp and .......Lest we forget

Lest We Forget
ANZAC DAY


They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
we shall remember them


Some Australian military paraphernalia :  RAAF  clip and army buttons
...................

Hummingbird Stamp









A while ago I drew a quick picture of a hummingbird and have since intended to carve it out as a stamp. As usual all things take time and weeks later I finally got round to finding the time to carve it.
Just need to decide on a flower to accompany the bird  and then a printing we will go!

If you are interested in stamping / hand printing I have listed all my blog posts with easy links to that blog post in the PAGES sidebar (look to the top right of the post bar)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Monique, your hummingbird stamp is incredible....so much intricate detail. Look forward to seeing your finished piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are truly a wonder-love the sketch and the stamp-your talents are remarkable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is beautiful. I'm sure you will create the most beautiful fabric with it. And now the flower ... how about hibiscus?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments