Friday 28 March 2014

Charity Quilt under way



The Charity quilt is well under way just with what I have been working on today. I have now used up every scrap of wadding that I had stashed away - not a skerrick went to waste. Although the intention of this quilt was to gather together all the left over blocks that we had in our stash I couldn't resist making a few brighter blocks just make sure that there is a pop of colour. The whiter blocks have been free motioned to death to give a little oomph. I haven't pieced it together as I want to spread out the patterned blocks evenly throughout the quilt. Anyway that's my effort so far

Practising pebble free motion quilting


And a super larger ball of yarn I bought from a thrift shop - bargain $2 - thought I would see how far it would go to making a pillow poof!

3 comments:

  1. How many quilts are you hoping to make. I too follow little island quilting and have sent her some blocks and would love to send you some too if they would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your charity quilt. It's a lovely mix of pattern and colour....and I espy some of your lovely prints there. I must say I love the colourful ball of yarn....you and your op shop bargains....me thinks they wait just for you. It will make a lovely pillow poof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely charity quilt! I am working on one too! I am, just like you, using the blocks for FMQ practise!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments