Tuesday 6 November 2012

Angels Heralding in Christmas- Angel Swag Stitchery

Hark the Herald  Angels Sing!

I think I'll name this Heralding In Christmas
Original stitchery by Monique Smith


My Christmas stitchery is almost finished
Ill finish the detail on the middle angels bodice tonight and the tail of the swag on the right hand side and then the  stitchery is done.
I've changed the dress slightly on the angels as I went , but I imagine your own work is always open to interpretation when it comes to sewing.


I still have to find out how to upload the pattern so that you can download it. Anybody know how? Would really appreciate help.
The pattern is A3 size but I have reduced it to A4 for easy of scanning
That's my original copied on to tracing paper. I used  old type writer carbon paper to trace it directly onto my white material, you could just as easily utilize a window as a light box


Now all I have to do is finish the stitchery and sew it up - pillow or Christmas Santa sack??

My son informs me that if you click on the image and then save it to your files you will be able to print this as a pattern (I scanned it crooked but you can turn it a little)

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely embroidery pattern, I have not begun my xmas craft yet but an embroidery I think will do the trick! Thanks for entering the giveaway, nice to meet you, Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments