Monday 12 September 2011

Sculpture in my town

I love the fact that suddenly Adelaide is really embracing its title as the festival state and incorporating public works in the local council areas. More and more businesses seem to be establishing new buildings but are adding interest with public works of art. Particularly impressive is South Roads A Mart store which has installed four large steel structures of note, they are highly visible from the road and have a sense of fun and frivolity about them. The Steelman, which appears to be more of a woman to me, towers next to the A Mart building. Worked into the steel are the words  "Brave New" I'm assuming world comes in there somewhere.













I'm yet to find out the artist but I'm loving their work

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments